Saturday, May 29, 2010

Okay Okay...Natural wood...bring it on!


Okay, I'm not a huge fan of Natural wood color (OAK) , you'll find that out later. It can out date a room instantly! I hubby says he doesn't like it either..but..Why do I find him picking out pieces that are...Oak stained..dum dum duuuummmmm! So I went for the dark stained Mahogany coffee table and side nesting tables. I LOVE THEM! Well, before the coffee table, side nesting tables, there was..the natural oak stained console table. It was my hubby's mom's ( She was 100 % Comanche Native American) and her family made it. When she passed, her Widowed Hubby (My Father in law) kept it of course, and his Fourth Wife gave it to us, because they were moving to Belize and couldn't bring it. I was completely happy to receive such a beautiful piece, but worried..Did all of my living room pieces have to match??!! So I contemplated for 6 months..6 loooong months..On whether or not I should buy my coffee table and nesting tables...I bit the bullet and bought them..Paid off one year later, no interest! Oh yeah!!!

So I was in the 9th inning..I had a beautiful antique console table, my lovely coffee table, wonderful nesting tables, and a horrible media stand...I had been looking in catalogs trying to find another one and I have been looking in the thrift stores...No surprise that I didn't find one in the stores..or in the catalogs..I found one..On the curb!! I had driven past my now media cabinet for two days. I didn't want to be that weird neighbor, but it was a Thursday and My mother had come over. I was talking about it to her and she started to walk over to it..I f0llowed biting my nails knowing my neighbors were watching me through their sheer curtains..lol..I'm glad I walked over there and my mother and I carried it into my home. We carried the old media stand out to the curb...It certainly put up a fight! I cleaned my "new" media cabinet and grab my furniture pen. It has seen better days, but hey..It was so free, and built well! Philco is on the cabinet..So I researched...Philco Furniture...Didn't find anything..so just searched Philco...Apparently my "new" media cabinet used to have a tv or a radio inside it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment