Saturday, May 29, 2010

Going to pick up one thing, suddenly getting tons!


Okay, so I'm a Stay at home mom of three, and I pretty much buy everything second hand, because of budget requirements and they love to play in the dirt...all the time...So, it's late winter, So the kids are playing outside (freezing cold-bad momma) with the neighbor kids. The neighbor kids have Power Wheels (atv, corvette, and jeep ones) Our kids..none..I grew up wanting to have a Barbie pink Corvette. My Mother being the budget queen said no. So I wanted my children to have a Power Wheels, it was basically my daughter birthday gift..SO I went to the store..and lo and behold..They are crazy EXPENSIVE..Ahem Ahem....So..I check out Craigslist..I was searching for 2 months and a man was selling a Volkswagen beetle barbie car for $50 big ones! I e-mailed him instantly and had a reply within the next day. So I called him, went to his home (LOVED HIS HOME, he custom built it) and checked out the Barbie car. Suddenly his dog started to bark and I followed him into his open garage. He said he had more things to sell...Okay...I love things..hahaha! He had a Barbie Jeep, that he wasn't going to sell..Me being me...talked him into it for $50 big ones..So I bought a bigger Power Wheels that my kids both could ride in for WAYYY cheaper than retail! As I was leaving he asked me, "Do you want to check out these things I have on my front steps? The Salvation Army didn't want them, so you can have them if you want them." My eyes lit up...Shelves, plates, Monet Books, etc..I loaded as much as I could into my Suburban..(Um hello..Giant Power Wheels in the back already) I gave some items to my mom and came home with my new treasure..lol..So I check out the cute beachy plates..They are brand new from Pier 1! The Shelves....wait for it....wait for it...POTTERY BARN!!!! I got dizzy and I called everyone that knows I'm a PB die-heart fan! So, why did the Salvation Army not want these GORGEOUS items?? I don't have a clue..I plan on painting them white..since they are oak stained...

No comments:

Post a Comment